Wordpress Faceted Search Roadmap
The following is a preliminary roadmap for the Faceted Search Wordpress Plugin:
Version 2.0 - Released 10/24/2010
- Re-design the taxonomy tree sorting and processing algorithm
- Allow ordering of the category display
- A bugfix to make the tags work again after the 2.0 changes
- An html bugfix for the categories
- A bugfix to make categories work that have been added or deleted after the plugin has activated.
- A bugfix to handle multisite database table prefixes
Version 3.0 - Released 5/2/2011
- Enabled the option to conduct inclusive and 'smart' faceted searches in addition to the usual exclusive faceted search
- Re-wrote the search query builders
- Added the ability to exclude categories and tags from displaying in the widgets.
- Added the ability to display but disable (exclude the checkbox for) categories and tags in the widget
Possible Future Features:
- A separate search page for faceted search instead of a widget- after researching the problem, this will require extensive changes, and may not appear anytime soon.
- Handling of taxonomies other than categories and tags.